Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

05 ford Galaxy I ran it low on desail filled it up ran fine

Customer Question

When to local shop when started back up ran lumpy got worse and stopped
Had a a out to tow back got fuel going trough fiter and pump working but will not start
Category: Ford
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

On a diesel engine, it isn't good to run low or out of fuel as this causes debris to work its way through the filter or injector rail into the injectors or into the injection pump itself which can cause issues like this here.

What should be done here is to flush out the fuel rail and replace the fuel filter to see if this resolves the fault. In some cases, this will work to remove any debris to resolve this issue here.

If it still does not start then the injectors and injection pump need to be tested to see if either is an issue needing to be cleaned or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi replaced fuel filter got fuel to filter but no fuel coming out of rail to injectors

You may have an issue with the pump itself. Even if it appears to be operating properly if it is not pushing any fuel through it to the injectors this will cause this fault here. If any debris made its way into the pump this can damage it in some cases to where it will need to be replaced.

With all that has been checked here the only other things I see is the pump itself or a restriction in the fuel feed line from the pump.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed. Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks, Pete