sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a mondeo MK4 2007 and sometimes the start button does

Customer Question

I have a mondeo MK4 2007 and sometimes the start button does not work. Turn off the battery connector and wait a few minutes later, it will work again. Now after this problem, I have received an error code on the display that says steering problems and the car can not be started. With Forscan I get the error code SASM DTC U3000. When I unplug the battery connector, I can switch between ignition on and off but do not start the car. After one hour, you can not use the power button at all and need to recharge the battery connector again. The car can never be started.
Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No , there is fine
Assistant: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New battery, check all fuse, read fault code whith FORScan, try to calibrate stearing wheel sensor
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok to wait
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in Justanswer.com Sorry for any delay.

Hello dear customer, I want to apologize for all the delay I have had, it has been a complicated week. I am available now attentive to your questions and doubts, I am very thankful for your patience to wait.

Dear customer, would you tell me please if normally, when you are going to turn on your vehicle, you have to push on the brake pedal ( if your gearbox is automatic) or push on the clutch pedal (if your gearbox is manual) to turn on your vehicle. Is this the case on your car?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have manual gerbox and must press clutch pedal. If I dont the powerbutton make ignition on and ignition off

Good customer, the Ford have this type of ignition in which you must press the clutch to start the vehicle and the of the button, relating to the U3000 code, what is happening to you is that you have a low voltage in the system,or the sensor or the module are defective. The Ford's starting system by button is complex and it is relate from the centralized locking module to the ignition modules, reason why the loss of voltage in one of these modules are causing failures.
The most important thing now is to check if the clutch pedal sensor is in good condition, because it is the most common fault. When this sensor is damaged it does not read and send the signal to the ignition module that you are pressing the start button, so it blocks The ignition.

Dear Customer, Is your inquire clear or is there anything else i could do for you?
My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. because in that way you help me grow in the platform and if you wish you can let a comment for the service.
Thank you, ***** *****

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok. how have your problem evolved? is there anything else i could help you? thanks.
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much,