Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2010 transit with 2 batteries, I'm converting it to

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2010 transit with 2 batteries, I'm converting it to a camper and want to charge both batteries with a single charger using the existing split charging system. where do I connect the positive from the charger to
Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no I think that's it
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in Justanswer.com Sorry for any delay.

Dear customer, according tomy knowledge, these batteries must be disassembled and charged individually, they should not be charged connected to the transit, because it can cause overvoltages in the power supply of the system, causing certain modules and circuits to burn, next I will attach a video of how to disassemble your battery
https://en.carcarekiosk.com/video/2010_Ford_Transit_Connect_XLT_2.0L_4_Cyl._Mini_Cargo_Van/bateria/cambio

Please let me know if I have answered your question. This is what I could understand, is it correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the battery charger I'm using is designed to stay connected to the vehicle all the time, when you plug into the mains on a campsite or store the van for long periods it keep the batteries charged, there is a split charger fitted so the alternator can charge the starting battery first then switches to the other. I want to connect my charger to the alternator side of the split charger so want to know where that is

I understand you now dear custome.
Would you please attach a picture of the charger model you have and the pins it has? To indicate you.
It would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.