sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I just had my clutch and dual flywheel "thing" replaced. All

Customer Question

I just had my clutch and dual flywheel "thing" replaced.All great except my steering is completely "wrong"If I steer to the left or right it just stays there and it is pulling plus very stiff.I spoke to the garage and they said they haven't touched anything but the clutch.I had all the steering / tracking / tyres done in the last service and was perfect until it went in for this work.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 months ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
Are you online dear customer?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Waiting for an answer?
Thanks for your reply!
Yes dear customer, I would like to know first if your steering system is hydraulic or electro assisted?
Dear customer, I understand your problem, I know it can be confusing but there must have been a problem in your steering when doing the work or simply because of issues that get out of our hands the fault occurred or just when you presented the problem at the time you perform the work in the clutch.First we need to define what direction your vehicle have, whether hydraulic or electro-assisted. If your steering is hydraulic, it works with a pump coupled to the single belt or serpentine, which is responsible for generating the hydraulic oil pressure to move your steering smoothly. But if it is electro assisted it is formed by an electric engine coupled to your steering rod and a sensor on the steering wheel known as clockspring, when you turn the steering to the right the engine turns in this direction to soften the steering wheel and equal to the left, then this steering is more delicate, as it is made up of more components, if they leave disconnect or loose some of this parts or one of the parts I mentioned have suffered damage, the steering does not work correctly as in your case.So, we will need to check if this parts are ok, or if we have to change or just plug in the right way some part to sort out the problem.
Have you understood me so far dear customer?
Could you tell me anything else I can help you?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's a Ford Mondeo 2009. I've no idea if it's hydrolic

Dear customer, the steering system of your mondeo is electro assisted also known as a power assisted steering. So, we need to proceed as I told you before.

Is it ok dear customer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Proceed with what?

No problem, I will explain you again. Your steering system is formed by an electric engine coupled to your steering rod and a sensor on the steering wheel known as clockspring, when you turn the steering to the right or left the engine turns in this direction to soften the steering wheel, This steering is delicate, as it is made up of several electronic components, if the garage disconnect or loose some of this parts or one of the parts have suffered damage, the steering will not work correctly as in your case. So, we will need to check if this parts are ok, the clockspring, rod, wiring branch and engine. We should check this parts looking for defects or loosen wires or connectors, then if all is ok, we should test the electric engine.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.
Did you solve your problem?
Is there anything else i could help you?
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much.
​Regards, Sebastian

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want any help from this platform. I'm upset that I've been charged

I've seen you give me a low rating. WOuld you please tell me why?
Dear customer, all i want is to help you, Could we continue the query or i could proceeed to request a refund for you.