sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Ok here goes...... got a mk 7 transit 2.2 front wheel drive

Customer Question

hi
ok here goes......
got a mk 7 transit 2.2 front wheel drive duratorque
heres the story,
van felt slightly slower than usual ( but not sure if this is relevent or not), powertrain light came on , got the van home , turned the van off and next morning light had gone,i serviced the van , changed the diesel filter, prv , van didnt feel any faster, went to start it today and wont fire, called out rac, he plugged it in and said there was loads of faults , fan, immobiliser, internal light ect, he cleared the faults with his laptop and the van started, he said i had a possible faulty module? but wouldent know until i got it home and turned it off, drove it home and it still felt under powered, turned it off , went to start it and no joy, my question is was the rac guy accurate!?
is it the module only? what about the ecu? is the ecu separate? where is this module? can i change it my self ? what about the immobiliser ???? how much would this all cost??! help!!!!!!!!!
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
oh and also i changed the pads at the same time as the diesel filter and now the abs light comes on in the middle of driving
home this helpd
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
Are you online dear customer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am
Cheers
Ga
Hi, thanks for your reply.
Dear customer, I have just observed the error codes of your vehicle, and I have observed certain factors that concern me, first I have to ask you certain questions, I need you to inform me if you have cleaned the whole fuel system because apparently according to the codes, you are presenting a lot of water in diesel, so it is activating the fuel sensor
On the other hand, your codes indicate me faults in the power supply of the battery, this may be due to the alternator sending a lot of voltage, the masses of the vehicle are not correctly connected or you are presenting a problem in the vehicle's computer, these codes are the ones that worry me most, because if your ECU is defective it generates several random failures because it can not regulate the vehicle correctly.
Finally, I observed failures in the air admission system, the MAF and IAT sensors are not correctly detecting the air intake to the engine, but it does not mean that these sensors are defective, because the sensor simply does not detect air correctly when entering, so Maybe the turbo has a major defect or you just have to check the turbo.
As you can see there are several factors that may be the root of your problem, so I recommend you to;
1) Clean the whole fuel system even the fuel tank, should be cleaned.
2) Check the air admission system including the turbo, and if it need maintenance do it.
3) For the last step the ECU, you are having important symptoms of defects on it, so before check the ECU and it's modules, perform the maintenances I recommend you before.
Have you understood me dear customer?

Dear customer, about the module and the ECU , when a module is defective, you can change it and it sorted out the problem. But with the reprogramming the technician did if the problem is sort out, you would not need to change the module.

The immobilizer could get deprogrammed but at the moment you change a module to prevent further problems we should reprogram the ECU and make a factory reset.

I made a mistake and send to you the answer of another customer that have a transit too. My fault, I am so sorry.

The technician give you a good advice because when we have random indicators lit that are not relate esch other indicates an ECU deprogrammed. If the problem before reprogram persists it may mean a defective module ( this modules belongs to the ECU and each module is dedicated to certain system for example the electric).

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi !
ok have some news!>>>>
rac out who said it the fault reader comes up with the ecu, however in his experience he said he thinks its the fuel pump or the battery , we put a new battery on it and still no joy!
ok then he got me to crank it over and he gave it a squirt of easy start and it fired strait away,
so now ive replaced the pump, and its still not starting , ( only with a squirt of easy start spray, )
ive also cleaned the map sensor and the air flow sensor!
i think it might be on the fuel line somwhere!?
maybe the tps???
help!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
also the rac man checked the relay for the pcm and it was clicking ok when he pulled it out and put it back in !
so he thinks thats ok too!

Dear customer, my apologies for my delay! I could not get online because no was traveling.
When you started on the vehicle and feed the admission with fuel the car keeps working normally?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi!
Yeah just changed the prv, tested the injectors on a flow test ( 4 bottles off the return of the injectors, one was a little high but the boy slightly!
I’m about it to test

Ok dear customer, keep me update!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi !
ok the transit saga continues!!>>>>
sorry fo rthe delay ive been working on the van!
ok heres it so far!!......
pump pressure tested and good ( on the snap on diagnostic )
also lines from the tank ( and the tank breather hose ) are clear
had the pump learn along with the prv , all reading well and no codes are showing....
but the van will still only start with easy start"!
once it starts it runs even though it does feel slightly under powered!!!!any thoughts??????!!!!!cheers garry
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello dear customer, what about the fuel regulator? it looks like it is losing pressure somewhere and it makes me thing in the regulator.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi !
the fuel regulator is on the back of the high pressure fuel pump which is new along with the pump!
although on idle after starting with easy start we take off the fuel filter which is new ford part and its half empty!
but the pump is new!!!???

Hello my friend, Sorry for my absence. I think that the fuel system can be rule out a little aside and focus in the module that may be causing your failure.
I would like you to indicate now if the vehicle has an error code, an you give me the code?
if the immobilizer module is activated the vehicle will not turn on because it disables the starting of the injection pump, another possibility is that the ecu is not sending the correct communication to the Injection pump or to the injectors themselves, which would be a problem to achieve ignition, but I would like you to first tell me the error codes to see in a better way is happening.