Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2015 focus ecoboost titanium navigation! We're

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2015 focus ecoboost titanium navigation! We're getting messages that the start stop is intermittently stopped along with another message of city start stop not working! Now I've noticed a leak of some sort coming from the centre of underneath the car, probably around where the centre console would be, if inside the car. Also the engine isn't sounding the best, ***** ***** would be greatly appreciated
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 months ago.

Hi there , good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

ok did the message come up on the dash stating stop start unabailble with the “A “warning light on the dash display

Was the leak a small clear puddle right in the centre of the vehicle underneath

What is your registration number

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It said city stop unavailable, with no a appearing on the display.Yes it's a clear puddle, looking like water, right in the centre. Looks like it's only leaking when engine running.Reg is ST15 ORN

Hi there thanks

Ok regarding the city stop message firstly make sure the windscreen is clean in front of the sensor (top centre of the windscreen) as this is the most common issue

Regarding the puddle this will be water which drains off of the air conditioning evaporator core inside the vehicle

There is a rubber drain tube to drain the moisture droplets out of the heater box when they drip off the evaporator

This is normal function of the air con system

If you need further help or technical assistance on this issue going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as this helps to build my online profile and is how Iam accredited

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Any positive feedback are kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi thanks for your replies so far, much appreciated.My partner has now advised me that she had another message around this time which said, engine service now. When this appeared she pressed the ok button on the steering wheel which then brought up the message about the city stop. She also says she had no responsive power for a brief second or two, after she'd taken off, after the messages had appeared.Apologies for not having this info earlier, women eh haha

Hi there no worries

Ok if the engine system fault has appeared then we must have a diagnostic fault code check done as there is several sub systems which can impact the city stop system

I have replaced a few radar sensors for city stop issues but it’s imperative that a diagnostic fault code check is carried out first due to the complexity of the system

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
if I get you the fault code, you may be able to advise on the next course of action?

Hi there yes as there is so many sub systems connected to the city stop system it’s difficult to correctly diagnose without the relavent fault codes

This post will stay open even after a rating is given so just post back here and I will receive a notification of your reply

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian