sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2.4 ti diesel 52 plate transit ,lack of power diesel

Customer Question

2.4 ti diesel 52 plate transit ,lack of power diesel injection pump fault codes p1564 andy p1664 ,ecu requesting reduced fuel and fuel pump malfunction. I have had ecu tested and is not faulty any ideas please.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
Dear customer, have you done any job to the fuel pump? what mileage have your car and what maintenances have you done so far?

have you replaced the flowmeter of the fuel injection pump and have you done maintenance to the injectors?

Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
would the fault codes be the ones i have if it was a faulty flowmeter? ,no maintenance done on injectors , milage only 35000 miles.

Dear customer When we have these error codes activated simultaneously, it is because the control module of the injection pump is presenting inconveniences in the reception of the signal. This means that the injection pump is not working correctly, so the module detects this and activates the error codes simultaneously, that is why you should proceed to check the injection pump first. I refer to the flowmeter because it is the one that is mainly damaged when a fuel injection pump starts to present problems.

On the other hand when the injection pump receive some kind of maintenance or revision It is advisable to immediately make a revision to the injectors to allow the fuel system to work properly well. If the injection pump has dirt or a defects, the injectors may not take too much time in suffer damage too.

Have you understood dear customer?

Have you understood dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped.
Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. because in that way you help me grow in the platform.

Even after you rate, we can keep in touch to further queries in this chat.

Regards, Sebastian.