Philip Wessels
Philip Wessels,
Experience:  owner at point zero
106201380

Just acquired a new Ford Focus 2019 and want to fit a

Just acquired a new Ford Focus 2019 and want to fit a Nextbase dash cam i have all hard wiring kit for hard wiring just need the information requiring which fuse I need to plug in my adapter into found a suitable earth point
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I have suitable fuse tap both standard and small but not sure which fused to piggyback onto
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes just a the point of connecting the fuse so which one?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi - My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today

It should be the 3rd fuse top right as per the video attached which shows a next base dash cam fitted to a 2016 Ford Focus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOOyY3pYFFE

Let me know if this helps you today and please be so kind as to rate my reply :)

Philip

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not interested in 2016 Ford Focus I want information about the 2019 model which
Is different from the 2019 model
Have seen the YouTube video already not the answer I was looking for not the same layout of of fuses ?

No problem - I will get the fuse box layout for the 2019.

Will you consider rerating me if I get that for you ? I will be able to send it in the next few hours

Sorry _ I presumed you knew that you could connect an existing fuse i.e cigarette lighter as any fuse just piggybacks off the hardwire kit. This is also stated on the NextBase installation Guide website:

• Remove an existing fuse (usually cigarette lighter socket fuse) and insert the specially provided socket straight into the fuse box. The old fuse simply “piggy backs” onto the new connection.

It also depends on whether you want the dash cam on all the time or working with the ignition. I would advice to work it with the ignition, therefore making sure it doesn't drain the battery when the vehicle it off.

Please accept my apology but I sent the video to you for the sake of expediency so that you could get your solution faster.

My advice would be to use the lower amp fuses like 5A - pick any from the diagram on the fusebox cover. You can also plug-hop to see which works. If you choose to have the dash cam on only when the vehicle is on then choose a 5A fuse for functions like rearview cams, parking modules, or electrical function that works with the ignition when its on.

Please be so kind as to reconsider your rating as my initial answer was done late at night so that you could have an answer first thing in the morning. I only had the best intentions and apologies if initially you were not satisfied as I am here to help as best I can.

Philip

Philip Wessels,
Experience: owner at point zero

Thank you so mich for reconsidering the rating - please be so kind as to return at any time.

Here to help

Philip