Philip Wessels
Philip Wessels,
Experience:  owner at point zero
106201380

I have a Ford Transit Tourneo mk7. story short.... I had a

Hi, I have a Ford Transit Tourneo mk7. Long story short.... I had a timing chain snap, had a recon engine fitted, after a few injector issues and oil leak issues I now have "cut out" problems. Randomly when decelerating, I drepress the clutch and the revs drop low and it cuts out, no warning lights, no management codes, nothing. It won't "bump" start at that point so ignition has to be turned off and back on again to restart. Also I have noticed that tick over can randomly be very juddery. Any ideas please?
Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?
Customer: All oil based gaskets have been replaced and hoses that look or have shown any wear or tear.
Assistant: What year is your Transit?
Customer: 2012-62 plate
Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have been using my local garage and they are stumped. Went to Ford main dealer and the workshop "cannot give out technical advice" I habe to book a diagnostic!!
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's about it thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is taking so long? I've been waiting an hour and a half now!!! ��
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am happy to wait but you're site is difficult to navigate and was giving me misleading information!

Sorry bout that. . .

My name is ***** ***** I will try and assist you today.

What is the Mileage on the Ford ?

You may have an issue with the Fuel pressure regulator. I have helped a few ford customers here with similar issues and often it was as simple as that. I suspect it went faulty due to the other issues you have had.

If the vehicle isn't idling well especially when revs are low - i would look that part before moving on...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The mileage is just over 340,000 miles and the recon engine was fitted at around 317,000 miles. It isn't juddery when idling all the time, more so when regenerating. Thank you.

Ok I understand. With Mileage like that I would certainly have a look at the fuel pressure regulator.

I hope that this information has been useful for you today.

Please be so kind as to rate my service :)

Philip

Philip Wessels,
Experience: owner at point zero
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK thank you I'll give it a go. Thanks for your help.

excellent and thanks for the 5 stars !

You can find them pretty cheaply online.

Philip