Robert
Robert, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Morning, have focus cc3, have changed ns front seal and

Morning, have focus cc3, have changed ns front seal and windscreen seal, but rear os window regulator has gone, motor running cal
JA: How many miles are on the Ford? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 130000 manual
JA: What year is your Focus?
Customer: 08
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have changed seals, want to know are seals and regulator related
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: All I want to know is can changing seals cause regulator cable to go
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is there any chance of the email I've requested please, as none has been sent

Hi..there..

Normally when the cables breaks on these is always due to corrosion on the cables it self..i wouldnt say its due to replacing those seals in my opinion..the cables are exposed on the regulator itself, so any condensation/moisture over a long period of time eventually causes the cables to corrode and then eventually break when enough strain is put on them...

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hiya Robert, spoke to gavin this morning who said exactly the same thing, asked him to send me an email stating this but haven't received anything yet, would it be possible for you to send me one to***@******.*** pls stating what you have just told me, with thanks Andy

I can do, via my business email.so you know you've recived a reply from an actual technician on this site..if you leave me a rating here..i'll send my responce above to your email..

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How do I leave rating?

You can use the "4-5 star rating on the answer ive given you" there should be a rating panel to click on the stars

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK mate rated you,

Sending email to you now..

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
With thanks

Your welcome..