experteer
experteer,
77184159

I have a fiesta 2015 and the air intake valve keeps sticking

Hi I have a fiesta 2015 and the air intake valve keeps sticking open & putting the car into safe mode. I have only had the car a couple of years & I have just had it serviced & mot done. Please can you tell me how many years are these parts supposed to last.
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 6 months, but misdiagnosed as a DPF issue. Less than 38,000
Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My mechanic told me it was an issue but says it’s intermittent
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Surely on a car this age shouldn’t have such an issue don’t some parts have a fit for purpose usage. It literally went through it’s test last week.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

By the air inlet valve, do you mean EGR (exhaust gas recirculation valve) by any chance?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I have a photo of the valve

Ahhh, okay, so the throttle. ( At the diesel) air flap.

These valves don't break so often, I'd say they last 10 years and longer.

However, if the valve breaks, it has to be replaced.

Here you should talk to the Ford workshop, whether it makes a goodwill application to the manufacturer and if the manufacturer possibly contributes part of the costs to the repair.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you. I am a disabled driver & I was coming back from a Skegness break and it suddenly went into limp mode & couldn’t go over 50mph, I’m so angry as it is a new car. It’s so dangerous driving in that mode

Not dangerous for you as driver, but the engine may be damaged if you drive too long in error mode.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I will ring the ford dealer cheers.

ok.