experteer
experteer,
77184159

I have a 2007 ford Galaxy 2.0 turbo diesel. Great car but

I have a 2007 ford Galaxy 2.0 turbo diesel. Great car but not running well. Inlet air hose to turbo is burst. Am wondering if this is normal or if its a turbo problem. Was going to simply replace hose but don't understand why this happened.
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: ENgine 2007. 120,000 KM on clock. Timing belts changed late last year as a precaution. Going great at that time. Serviced in August. Passed NCT (MoT). Wasnt happy with it after. Management light coming on when you accelerate sometimes. Clears when you stop and restart engine. Loss of power in interim. Plume of black smoke on acceleration. Fuel economy poor.
JA: What is the model of your '07 Ford?
Customer: Ford Galaxy 2.0 turbo diesel
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. Have a mechanic that has maintained it since it came out of the box. Heard a gush of air before management light comes on. If I accelerate gently on motorway, all ok. But any sudden change in RPM brings on management light and loss of power. Discovered tear in air intake hose to turbo. Is this usual or is it likely that something other than wear and tear caused pipe to burst?
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Its been a great work horse for the family. Regularly serviced . No trouble maintenance wise. this is first major issue.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

I assume you mean the hose from the turbocharger to the intercooler, or from the intercooler to the engine.

If I look at the vehicle age, it can happen that such a hose bursts. The loaders usually make about 1-1.5 bar overpressure. There such a hose can tear already once. Sometimes these have also an animal bite and tear then there.

The engine light is related very surely with it.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.