Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

Need advice on 2008 Ford mondeo titanium X 2.5L Volvo

Need advice on 2008 Ford mondeo titanium X 2.5L Volvo engine
JA: How many miles are on the Ford? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 100.000 Manual Petrol
JA: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a story typed up to paste in and need advice please
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Must have Knowledge of this particular engine

Hi my name is Gavin can I help you with this ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Gavin. Be prepared to read lol
I hope you can answer this puzzle for me as I am sure you are a very busy man.
My son bought a 2008 Ford Mondeo Titanium X with the Volvo T5 engine and I think VVT as there are two solenoids on rocker cover driver side. Its petrol also. It was going great until he changed all belts and belt tensioner. When he started it the crankshaft Balancer pully collapsed and damaged the head. Had the head rebuilt at engineering firm at dundrod and all looked good. Refitted head, set timing and it started first time but ran very rough. We thought timing might be out so reset but it refused to start. Worked on it for months in our spare time replacing sensor after sensor and finally gave it to local garage to get started. They failed to get it running also but still charged £250. Now got information from another friend who claims its the timing for sure as head owned one and had the same problem. Could you please tell me how to set timing correctly please?? Hate to be beaten as its a great car and he cannot afford another. We have built engines in the past but this has us stumped to say the least. I would pay you if you emailed the correct timing for this Volvo engine please.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot seem to find specific head setup information or timing for this particular engine either

Dow does it sound when cranking ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As normal crank would sound with no nasty noises

Did you use the timing pins when fitting the belt ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we had a kit to hold down rocker cover when removing and assembling , Lined up all marks on the cam cogs and crank mark and torqued to proper figures. Never used tool to slot into back of cams

07922393369 Gavin