Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

I was just wondering where bank1 sensor2 in a 2007 c-max is

I was just wondering where bank1 sensor2 in a 2007 c-max is located
Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Ford?
Customer: It’s a 1.6 petrol c-max
Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It does use more fuel than normal, but it starts fine
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I’ve got a mechanic but he’s asking all sorts of questions the latest being after cat sensor once I’d told him it was bank1 sensor2 according to the error code
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s it thanks

Thank you for your question, my name is Steve and I am a fully qualified technician with over thirty years in the trade.

Bank one is the exhaust bank nearest number 1 cylinder, as your C-Max only has one exhaust manifold this is not relevant. Sensor 2 is the down stream sensor, that is the sensor after the catalytic convertor.

The mechanic should really know this.

Depending on what the code is, it may not necessarily be the sensor at fault, codes can be triggered up due to wiring problems or air leaks in the exhaust.

I hope this answers your question, but please ask anything else. If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue.

Even after doing this I will be able to answer any further questions.

Steve

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yeah I thought my mechanic should have known that. Thank you for your quick response very helpful

No problem.

Steve