sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I recently bought a 2011 transit and the instrument panel

Customer Question

hi i recently bought a 2011 transit and the instrument panel has stopped working. the warning lights are permanently on and the speedo fuel and heater gauges not working. i had it in Trust ford for a fortnight but they did not get to look at it. i took it back and sent the instrument panel to a company to fix they said it has no faults.any ideas how to resolve
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: all good but that wouldn't explain why the whole panel is malfunctioning
JA: What is the model of your '11 Ford?
Customer: its a 140 T350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to have someone who knows what they are doing look at it but as I said Trust ford had it for a fortnight and said they had staff shortages due to illness and couldn't give me a date to fix so took it back after i read that you can get the instrument panel repaired but as i said they tested it and said it was not faulty
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think my auxiliary battery may be dead but dont know which is the auxilary and which is the main
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, did they perform a diagnostic on your transit?
if so, could you share the error codes with me please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no they said trhat had been unable to look at it so after 2 week i just took the van back as they couldn't tell me when they would be able to carry out the tests

I understand dear customer, Pity that they could not observe your Ford Transit in the garage because through a diagnostic equipment without having to disassemble the dashboard, they could have done an actuator test to be able to observe that all the dashboard indicators work correctly directly from diagnostic equipment.
As you had to disassemble the dashboard to take an external review is very likely that your failures originate the signals that the computer imparts or in the wiring that goes from the computer to the dashboard basically the failure is being presented purely electrical or electronic

The first thing you should do is to trace the dashboard again and verify the wiring and connections that arrive through the rear area of ​​the dashboard if everything is visually correct, we must use an electronic tester or multimeter to verify pin by pin, you need to find where the signal is isolated, where it does not mark these testers, you can also use a simple lamp current tester.

When you locate where the signal is being carried you will follow that wiring from the connector until it arrives at the computer and if it does not have any defect you will have to send to verify the ECU, you can directly take the computer a review and save you everything this work, but it is better proceed in this way.

Have you understood me dear customer?

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.

Did you solve your problem?

Is there anything else i could help you?

Also, please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen

​Regards, Sebastian