Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

I have a 2012 1.6 Zetec S TDCi, and the clutch pedal has

I have a 2012 1.6 Zetec S TDCi, and the clutch pedal has started to fail to return properly to the top of it's travel. However, if I have to do multiple gear changes as in pulling away from a junction, 1, 2, 3, 4 etc it gets better. After reasonable travel distance in one gear, it sticks again. I'm thinking mater cylinder problem??
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: No slipping at all. Gears still changing ok, but I sometimes have to use my foot to pull it back up, as described above
JA: What is the model of your '12 Ford?
Customer: Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. Sent it to garage last week to investigate, nothing found, but worse now so am thinking increasingly getting worse
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I'm happy to take to garage, as my local is Ford trained

Hi my name is Gavin can I help you with this and fully read your draft.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes please
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Happy to just receive affirmation of if it's the master cylinder or not

It will have a hydraolic leak main item being the slave cylinder so keep your brake fluid topped up.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Was checked for leaks last week, none found. Will check fluid level again. Not possibly master cylinder issue? Seals failing?

Is there anymore information you require regarding this issue ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Was hoping for more accurate reasoning as to whether master or slave cylinder. Master can be done with gearbox in situ, slave can't

That is correct slave cylinders most likely to fail some are fitted externally can i have your reg number.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
BV12 FXF

Yours is coming up with a Concentric slave cylinder fitted which means gearbox removal.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok, thank you. I'll take it to the garage tomorrow. Cheers for your help

No problem and sorry if i came across blunt also top your brake fluid up if possible as you only have limited time before the pedal fully fails regards Gavin.