experteer
experteer,
77184159

I suspect my car has fractured clutch pressure plate focus

hi I suspect my car has fractured clutch pressure plate focus 2016 1.0 ecoboost if I pull away a little bit fast say to join fast traffic or if I shift from first to second I hear a thud/bang
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: No clutch is ok if driving really smooth in this recent rain on a slight incline it will thud if wheels slightly spin
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: took it to the main dealer as I have three months warranty 2 remaining was told it is the caricaturists of this vehicle, I find hard to beleave
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ford recalled ref R/2018/082 issued 16 july 2018 warning that there is a problem that clutch pressure plate can fracture describing thud/bang noise if pressure plate fratures

^Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

If you kick the clutch, do you have a beat in the clutch pedal?

If so, this is an indication that a lamella on the clutch plate has broken off. If not, your Ford dealer is unfortunately right and there is no damage to the clutch plate.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
does engine need to be on or off ? and I don't under stand beat noise please explain
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I thought £ 5 would let me reply to the answer but more payment was requested £ 16 at least Dick Turpin wore a mask
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
please cancel renewal I will not be using this service in future

Unfortunately I cannot always answer immediately, but I will answer as soon as possible. So there is no need to worry.

The engine must be on, the vehicle can run quietly in neutral.

The request for the telephone service is unfortunately sent by the system, we experts have no control over it.

If the clutch pedal hits noticeably, then the pressure plate is defective.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I was charged £25 I thought it was £5, cancelled membership as I don't like hidden costs once you tick a box you can be charged anything Beware