sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2015 mondeo titanium. I can’t start the car, it

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2015 mondeo titanium. I can’t start the car, it says not key detected’. My batteries are new in the key.
Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: They seem okay. Can I use the mechanics key to start it?
Assistant: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried nothing, just changed the batteries in my key.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i need to get it started ASAP
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.
Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you have any other indicator lit on your dashboard?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No

Dear customer, what I managed to observe in your query is a symptom of a deprogramming in the central locking system and recognition of the key, basically what could happen is that the key lost its configuration either due to a problem at the electronic mode level or that the keys lost their programming.The good thing is that once the configuration is done, if this does not correct the problem you can proceed directly to perform a computerized diagnosis and a live data flow to be able to observe the signals of the modules including the centralized locking module and recognition of the key through this data flow, you will be able to observe if one of the signals of this module is wrong indicating whether or not replace the module.Whatever the reason, what I recommend is that since you have already replaced the batteries of both keys, it is necessary to make a new configuration with them to avoid that it is simply a deconfiguration, a programming is not the same as a configuration, a programming of the key is when the key is new, and what you need is to reprogram again with the module, this is done through a special key programmer, the configuration must be done through a diagnostic device with Ford software, so you can go back to let the keys work correctly with the initial configuration.Although at first glance what I can observe is basically a configuration problem which you will be able to easily solve as i indicated you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!