Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a ford galaxy titanium 2ltr. I have a problem that

Hi i have a ford galaxy titanium 2ltr. I have a problem that comes and goes with my near side passenger door keeps coming up door not closed . when i get out to open the passenger side front and rear doors they will not open the windows on the same doors will not work and the nearside mirror will not adjust. so i can not get into or out of the passenger doors at all. the drivers door and the offside rear door also the boot will not lock with the central locking also when driving all my interier lights stay on. i have changed my 25 fuse for this side in the rear fusebox but still the same hope you can help. errol.
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: no do not know what to look up
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: galaxy titanium x 61 plate
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have only checked the fuses that it shows for these thigs that have gone wrong although it looked ok fitted new one. have disconnected battery then reconnected battery . keeps coming up passenger door open . when i go over a bump in the road when driving somewhere in the car there is a dinging noise and the sign comes up and the door lock up again.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so

Hi there good evening you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is Brian And I would be happy to assist you Tonight

Ok this issue is most commonly caused by a faulty passengers front door module

the door module controls all of the functions on the passengers door ie windows mirrors etc

it also sends a command to the rear door module to operate the rear windows and locks

basically the front door module is the master and the rear is the slave which are connected using a lin bus communication network (single wire data line )

ideally you want to see if the passengers door module is communicating with the diagnostic computer

if it isn’t then the wiring must be checked to the door module

as in some cases we see broken pins in the wiring between the door and the A pillar inside the rubber grommet

If you need any further help or technical assistance going forward ie wiring assistance

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

as is how iam Accredited for my advice and to build my online profile

Kind regards in advance and have a nice evening and a merry Christmas

positive feedback /bonuses Is kindly appreciated

Kindest regards in advance

Brian

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for you response I thought that it might be a wiring problem in the front passenger door. Unfortunately I can not open that door is there a way to open the door so I can get the door cover of. Is this a repair that I can do myself or perhaps a auto electrician or do I need to take it to a ford dealer.

Hi there

this is a complex job and should be done either by an auto electrician or a ford dealer

due to the complexity of the communication network and diagnostic systems

You really need the correct diagnostic equipment to pinpoint this issue m

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

Kindest regards in advance

Brian