experteer
experteer,
77184159

My ford focus 1.8 2008 has a message come on power steering

My ford focus 1.8 2008 has a message come on power steering failure after a mile or so the power steering fails when I come to a halt the battery is totally flat I put another battery on start up the power steering works then the power steering msg comes on plus the power steering fails and this other battery is flat
Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: Where is the fluid situated? The fluid just under the bonnet passenger side is ok had a slight whining noise when it first failed
Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet it's on my drive have ordered a Haynes manual off eBay a bit perplexed to why the battery goes flat tbh
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My petrol tank has a leak from the centre bottom of the tank

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

What you're describing sounds like a problem with the charging system.

Since the power steering consumes by far the most power, it is switched off first as soon as the battery runs low.

Since you had already installed a new battery, it can only be due to the charging system.

The alternator must be checked and replaced if necessary.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.