How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask fordspec Your Own Question
fordspec, Ford Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 11
Experience:  ford technician
Type Your Ford Question Here...
fordspec is online now

I had a small accident and need to have my corner back

Customer Question

I had a small accident and need to have my corner back window replaced. Autoglass have said that I need to get the plastic strip that is between the window and the door replaced before then. But the window sits in that and my local garage is unsure fo how they are to fix it at all. Especially as the window goes in it. Can you please help me to find out the what the official name of they piece is so I can purchase a replacement piece and have it fixed
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 Fiesta
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have contacted autoglass to have the window replaced and my local garage to fix the plastic strip the window sits in as autoglass have said they cannot fix this but my garage has also said they can't replace this
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  CarDoc replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Expert:  CarDoc replied 6 months ago.

Is you fiesta MK7? and is it 5 door or 3 door?