experteer
experteer,
77184159

I have an issue with Starting my car I have had an EAC error

I have an issue with Starting my car I have had an EAC error come up this morning
Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 55,000 and no I do not have a code reader
Assistant: What is the model of your '55 Ford?
Customer: It is a Ford Fiesta Finesse and is a 2005 model. 1.2 l petrol
Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything yet as I don’t know where to start. I tried charging the battery using an automatic charger
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is anyone assigned to my
Case at all?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The car was able to have the lights on and the display was on. I do not recall the EAC warning being on as it flashed once I turned the and a red light with what looked like a padlock turned on. The EAC warning turned off once I was no longer attempting to start the ca
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
And the headlights were dimming when attempting to start car

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

I am now dealing with your question, I will be back in this chat in a few minutes.

Sorry to keep you waiting.

The EAC warning normally means that the electronic throttle pedal has no connection to the throttle valve. Usually the throttle valves are defective, or the plug on the electronic accelerator pedal is loose.

What worries me is that the padlock will light up. Ford has rust lamps for the immobilizer. Maybe it does not release it.

So please check if the second key works. If not, check all the fuses.

If this is also ok, check the ground connections in the engine compartment in front of the battery.

If everything is ok here, the error memory must be read out with a diagnostic device. Only on the basis of the error you can then proceed.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you. Am I able to come back to you once I have check this