CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I have for transit mk7 2.4 tipper, I had an injector fault

Hi, I have for transit mk7 2.4 tipper, I had an injector fault so I fixed it, then it said it was another injector so done that, then it moved to another, so fixed that, then it would crank over but not start, then it moved to the crank sensor so I have put a new one in, I have replaced the batteries with new ones and just put a new starter on again today. It will run on easy start but not on it own.

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Were the injectors coded in when replaced?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yeah they were coded in, I've had a diagnostic machine on it and all it says is the fuel pump is not calibrated.

You have to code the injectors and then do fuel pump and fuel pump auto pilot re-learn. This is a must when replacing injectors or any other component involved in the HP fuel system.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi I've triesmd to get to temperature tonight but it's not getting hot enough. The code I'm getting is p268b

Is it measuring the fuel temperature? If so, use a heat gun directed to the fuel lines on the HP pump.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yeah, it was the cylinder head temperature that was being off, it needed to be 65, it got to 64 then started going back down

Try using a heat gun to push it up a little. It can be a headache to meet all the criteria on the first attempt.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I took 5 cans to get the temperature up, would a heat gun get all the temperatures up then use easy start to have it running?

Yes, keep it directed on to the head. Why can you not get the engine temperature up? Are you working outdoors?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yeah mate on the roadside, and it's Scotland so it's a blowing a Gail and raining, Al have a try tomorrow with a heat gun and some easy start

That's probably why. Keep the engine running and get it up to normal temperature (90 degrees) and then try the pump re-learn.