Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

After jump starting a 2015 1.25 fiesta the blower only works

after jump starting a 2015 1.25 fiesta the blower only works on position 4 and windows will only close when operating switch ( auto up does not work).
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: The car is fine now except for problems stated
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not looked at anything yet.as it is likely to be a resistor pack or similar and don't know position of such things.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

Starting with the windows these may simply need resetting, to do this, Switch the ignition ON.

Then Lift and hold the window switch to fully close window, Release the switch. Then Lift and hold the window switch for 1 second.

Next Press and hold window switch to fully open window. Release switch. Lift and hold window switch to fully close window. The window should not operate automatically as before, you will have to repeat this procedure for all windows. Then Switch ignition off.

The heater fan is as you say probably the resister pack, on your Fiesta this can be found up under the passengers side footwell to the side of the heater box, behind a small trim panel, once the panel is removed you should be able to see it ok. I have attached a picture from the manual.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further questions by replying to this thread.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept you can continue to ask further details by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Cheers ***** ***** I'll have a look. Resistor pack looks typically difficult to get at!!

Its not too bad as they go, but the typical back bending under the footwell nonsense

Steve

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Windows sorted - thanks. Fan might take longer as I can't bend that much at the moment!! Thanks for your help.

No problem, if you get into trouble with the fan and I can help at all just reply to this thread.

Steve

Customer: replied 7 months ago.