Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

I wonder if you could help me. my ford transit 2008 has a

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hi i wonder if you could help me. my ford transit 2008 has a problem when im driving the van rev,s right up to 7000revs for no reason, it happened before and sucked all the oil out of the engine, its happening again but i was told to put it into 5th gear and it brings it down. do you know why. thanks ade
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: i changed it last week
JA: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no i dont know what to do to it
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks.

Hi my name is Gavin have you checked the Turbo Charger.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
i dont really know how to as i aint to clever with mechanics. i had a new turbo about 18mth ago as it was happened then and blew the turbo

Could you remove a boost pipe to have a look at oil build up inside.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
i dont want to fork out anymore money for answers sorry. i thought i would be told the answer when i payed the 1st payment

You do not get charged for the conversation.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
its asking me for £16 more .

Was that for a phone call.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
ah yes .ok so can you just help me this way

Yes would you be able to remove a pipe ?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
yes as long as i know what pipe i need to remove.

A large pipe going to the intercooler. You can remove it tomorrow if it has gone to dark.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
ok what will that do then when i remove it ? is there anything else i need to do.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Also do you know how much roughly it would cost to have this fixed, also is it common

It is a Turbo issue but to be fully 100% I would like a picture of inside the pipe to see how much oil is there.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
ok but it is dark out now so im unable to do it tonight , i am allways putting oil in also the engine is stinking and covered in oil. when it over revs theres loads of black smoke coming out of the exhaust

How many times has it run on oil ?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
well it done it once before and blew the turbo but its happened about 3 times in the last month but ive put it into 5th and it brings the revs right down again.

It is scary when they go out of control. You say it is stinking is that from the engine bay.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
it is scary your right because at 1st i didnt know how to stop it but now i put it into 5th gear and it sorts it out, so whats the best thing for me to do, also what do you think it will cost to fix. do you think i need a new turbo again. as this 1 is only about 18mths old.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
yes all the engine is full of oil. even up by the top of the engine

Replace the turbo as it stands as it will destroy the engine and clutch and flywheel. When are you due to replace the van.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
ive only had the van 2yrs and spent £2000 on it already its a 2008 van and only done 76000 miles.its had a new clutch . so do you recommend i get rid of it
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
the van has only done about 8000 since i changed the turbo last time

That is your desision what do you use it for does it carry heavy loads etc.

How long is the warranty on the repair invoice.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
im a plasterer so i carry a fair bit of weight but i never over load the van. ok is there something i can do as a small fix just to sell the van on to we buy any van .com as its blowing black smoke. not sure how long the warranty on the repair is , ill ask the mechanic tomorrow

When they rev so high they tend to do damage that will become issues in the short future. Try and keep as light as possible on the throttle when driving.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
i do , im afraid to rev it to high, ok thanks for your help.

No problem if you need just get back to me on this thread even if it is in a few weeks regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
how much would you expect me to pay to get it fixed

Are you outside the M25

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
yes in south wales

Around £1200 to £1500 I would expect.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
ok thanks gavin for your help again. cheers ade.

Like i said the thread will stay open as you might want to get back to me regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
just a quick question what van would you recommend ive got about £5000

I would go German VW / Mercedes.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
ok cheers . will do.