Marc Webster
Marc Webster,
Experience:  mechanic at sw autos
107219462

What is the cheapest way to replace tpms on a 2008 FORD

hi what is the cheapest way to replace tpms on a 2008 FORD Mondeo Mk4 Hatchback (BA7) 2.0 TDCi Diesel 130 HP
JA: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?
Customer: yep leaks slow over a few weeks getting board with light on dash board
JA: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no just phoned dealer got price thought was a bit much as i need 2 of tem
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats all thanks

Hello, so did you want to replace the sensors in the rim correct not the whole system?

If it is just the sensors you require changing then The price from Ford direct is around £67 plus vat Each, i know this is expensive,
there are some available from Ebay (new) for around £17 each, considerably cheaper. is this something you would consider.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
yep would i be correct in thinking that its just a leak and can i just change steam and battires

My advice would be to replace it with a new one, some tyre shops even stock these now. if it is just the schrader valve that is leaking then yes this can be replaced, also it could be the tyre leaking on the rim so this also may be the cause?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
how do i find out what make it is as cant see any markings other than ford on cap

the only way unfortunately is to have the tyre removed from the wheel.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ok thanks

Thats ok, can i help with anything else?

Please click accept and ill be able to close this from here, thanks again.

Please click accept and ill be able to close thise, or the emails will continue,

please provide an update
please provide an update
please re establish contact and let me know if your happy for me to close this