Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

I have just purchased a 2010 ford smax and i have a

Hello i have just purchased a 2010 ford smax and i have a intermittent fault on the radio it seems? a fault comes up on the screen called CD driver fault and then on doing this all the speakers except the one on the top turn off? what can i do about this please.
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: no its the factory fitted stereo
JA: What is the model of your '10 Ford?
Customer: s max on a 60 plate
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i only got the vehicle yesterday so its still under warranty for the independent garage i bought it from but I'm unsure if they will be able to do anything??
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank you for your question, my name is Steve and I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade hopefully I can help.

The fault will either be due to a CD stuck in the system or dirt which is in the system and need cleaning out using a CD cleaner. The unit is trying to load and will cut the speakers as it does so.

It is a high possibility that a CD is stuck in the unit. I would ask the dealer to remove the CD and rectify the problem, this will certainly be under warranty.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept I can continue to answer questions on the matter by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve