experteer
experteer,
77184159

Is there a steering lock on the keyless EcoSport? How do you

Is there a steering lock on the keyless EcoSport? How do you activate it?
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Give me a clue? How do you do that?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2019
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its an EcoSport ST. No not fixing, just trying to make the basic facilty work.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Cant think of anything

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

I am now dealing with your question, I will be back in this chat in a few minutes.

Yes, the Eco Sport has a steering lock.

If you have the keyless system with the start/stop button, the steering column lock is electronic and is activated every time you turn off the ignition. This can be heard by a short sound in the steering column area.

In a conventional system with ignition lock and key, the lock can be activated by pulling the key and turning the steering wheel.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do you have to move the steering wheel to actually engage the lock e.g.on a mechanical key steering lock you usually just wiggle the steering wheel a little to hear the pin drop. Do you have to do the same on the keyless?

Nen, the toothing of the lock of the electric steering lock is much finer, the steering wheel should not be able to move back and forth after locking the electric lock.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

You´re weclome