fordspec
fordspec, Ford Technician
Experience:  ford technician
41133646

Mate ive a 2005 mk2 focus 1600cc petrol 5speed manual and i

Customer Question

hi mate ive a 2005 mk2 focus 1600cc petrol 5speed manual and i keep getting the red powertrain light up any idears
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: its a red circle witch looks like a cog and the letter i in the middle of it
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: throttle body the clocks have been checked for broken joints on the circit board and camshaft sensor
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: Ford
Expert:  CarDoc replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Expert:  CarDoc replied 17 days ago.

That warning light is for the transmission. Have you connected a fault code reader to see what fault codes are stored?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
its not automatic its manual
Expert:  CarDoc replied 17 days ago.

In a manual car, that warning could be related to anything; glowplugs, ABS sensor etc. The car has to be scanned for fault codes to move forward at this point, it's impossible to know without the help of a fault code pointing you in the right direction.