Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2012 ford focus 1.6 ecoboost I've had a second hand

Hi I have a 2012 ford focus 1.6 ecoboost I've had a second hand ecu fitted but when we've tried to program it it get to security and keeps failing
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have had someone round with ford online but he has said that when he tries to get to the security it just keeps failing to let him in
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you Tonight

ok when you say ford online what system is he using (the name of it )

Has he programmed the PCM but cannot get the immobiliser side of things programmed /paired

Kindest regards ***** *****

brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the person who did it was from osca he said software and gone through but when he tried the immobiliser bit it just kept failing to let him in

Hi there thanks

ok the immobiliser programming /pairing changed a few years back

as the 2012 onwards focus uses the BCMII to hold the keys and is the main immobiliser component

to successfully program and pair the bcmii and the pcm to enable starting the immobiliser needs to be programmed using the new GFDRS system ford now use

this needs to be connected to the ford network to complete programming not just be online using the ford system

this is for security purposes where by it handshakes the vehicles details with the ford database details

If you need any further help or technical assistance going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER POSITIVE

as this is how iam Accredited for my advice and time and also to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening and stay safe

Any POSITIVE FEEDBACK/are kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks dose it need two keys to be done

On the early built 2011.5 - 2014 focus The 2 keys should be already programmed to the System so it is just a case of pairing /module initialization

as your not erasing the keys (If erased You will need 2 )

kindest regards ***** *****

brian