experteer
experteer,
77184159

I tried starting my diesel but to no avail yesterday the

Customer Question

I tried starting my diesel but to no avail yesterday the heating coil came on and engine died I started it with key and it was running again but this morning it would not start
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?
Customer: My engine has never over heated
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: It is over 12 years
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuel that’s ok
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The heater coil came on yesterday and engine cut out I turned the key and it started this morning it seemed as though no fuel gettin through
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any news ?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Continue
Expert:  experteer replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

If the spiral lights up while driving, it means that something is wrong with the DPF or EGR valve.

Depending on the engine ( 2.0 and 2.2 ) it is possible that a clogged particulate filter leads to a crack in the piston. The engine then dies off and is difficult or impossible to restart.

Mostly you have a strong smell of fuel on the oil (if you pull out the dipstick and smell the oil). If this smell is there, you have to do a compression pressure test, if the pressure on one or more cylinders is too low you need a new engine.

For the smaller diesel engines, or if the oil does not reach the fuel, the EGR valve should be closed with a plate. If the engine starts again and runs normally, the EGR valve is defective and must be replaced.

However, if the valve is OK, it is imperative that a local workshop carries out further diagnosis.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very informative
Expert:  experteer replied 1 month ago.

You´re weclome.

Expert:  experteer replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately, I do not offer a telephone service, the money for this you will get back the next days.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Expert:  experteer replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  experteer replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer, I hope I have been able to help you solve your problem. I would be very pleased to receive feedback in the form of a positive rating, which you can give very quickly and easily via the rating stars (3-5 stars). If you still need help with this problem, don't hesitate to ask for more free questions. To do so, please simply continue with the previous question history using the text box at the bottom. Thank you very much for using JustAnswer YourCustomer/p>