experteer
experteer,
77184159

06 Ford Ranger whines when in 3rd Gear. It isn't very

06 Ford Ranger whines when in 3rd Gear. It isn't very noticeable when climbing through the gears, but becomes apparent when climbing speed and staying in 3rd.What would be a cause?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not ranger - Courier
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its 4x4

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Since the noise only occurs in third gear, you can exclude everything that comes after the gearbox (differential in the gearbox, rear axle differential and drives).

Such a noise can occur if you try to engage a gear at too high a speed of the shaft in the gearbox. But since it occurs when the gear is engaged, I assume that the synchronizer ring of the 3rd gear does not disengage after the gear is engaged and continues to slip.

To fix this, the gearbox has to be disassembled, disassembled and the synchronizer ring has to be replaced.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks mate! I just took it for another spin and noticed it will only create the noise when under heavier acceleration, when the gear is engaged but rolling, or throttle @ ~ 30% it will be considerably less noticeable. Is this still in line with the synchronized ring?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the comprehensive answer will definitely give you full rating :)

It definitely has something to do with the pressure on the gear wheel. A synchronizer ring should actually howl at higher rpm when the car rolls down the hill. But the fault is to be found in 3rd gear. The gearbox should be checked in any case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Awesome, thanks Michael!

You´re weclome.

Thanks for your rating, have a nice Sunday.