Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a ka the windows wont open..someone said it was the'

i have a ka the windows wont open..someone said it was the ' sonanode' what is that and is it the problem?
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: its been on and off for a while but now its off all the timw
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: i think its a 2000 licence plate md55 its a small two door tiny boot thing sorry dont know..
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i dont know what the son..thing is was googling to see what it was and where.. your site was first so i thought to ask you ..if i can would like to fix but have a friendly tire place i could ask if it out of my league.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: oh the passenger door if i try to lock the car by this door it really doesnt like it make a whirling sound and doesnt lock..

Hi there , good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you Today

ok just to confirm the exact issue is that the front windows won’t go down when you press the button

and when you try and lock the doors using the passengers door lock the doors cycle them unlock themselves

(is the drivers door lock seized ?)

kindest regards ***** *****

brian

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the driver side door locks fine.. if i forget myself and try to lock car by passenger door it doesnt work or makes a strange wirling noise with the inside door handle moving like its trying to unlock and lock if that makes sense
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its that i cant open or close the window that is causing problems, or are they related?

Do this happen at the same time as the window issue

if you lock the drivers door using the lock does the passengers door lock at same time

kindest regards ***** *****

brian

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i think they started together but iam not 100% sure the drivers side locks both doors

Hi thanks

ok the most common issue and first place to inspect is for a broken wire in the drivers side A pulled door loom

this is the loom that comes from the body of the vehicle to the drivers door and holds the wiring for the windows etc

the plug it’s self is a circle type plug that is seperatd using a half turn (these can be difficult to refit due to the tightness of the location

of you remove this plug and then flick the corrugated rubber back and inspect the wiring for broken wires

this is caused by wear due to the door being opened and closed many times over the years the larger wires eventually break most commonly the earth wire (larger black wire )

This would cause your window fault and passengers door locking issue

I have attached an image of the connector

the wiring commonly snaps about an inch away from the connector so you need to pull runner back a bit (door side ) and inspect the wiring (all the wires are black )

If you need any further help or technical assistance going forward

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER POSITIVE

as this is how iam Accredited for my time and advice and also to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening and stay safe

Any POSITIVE FEEDBACK/bonuses are kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks will look tomorrow..cooking dinner now ..will look for feedback thing : D

Hi there no worries the connector is a screw-in type connector Basically you turn it anti clockwise to release it and pull it out

and when refitting it push it in and turn clockwise (it draws the plug home if that makes sense

these can be difficult to refit due to tight access and can take several attempts to get lined up and screwed drawn back kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening

brian