Phillip H
Phillip H,
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

How do I caliberate lift arms on a Ford 7840 sle please?

Customer Question

Hi How do I caliberate lift arms on a Ford 7840 sle please ?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1994
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, i have tried to recalibrate but code 24 comes up and then goes back to 10
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: code 24 and 14 and 10 comes up.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: what is code 10 ? i know how to claiberate but this is just not working
Category: Ford
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 13 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Phillip H replied 13 days ago.

Hiya

I admit to knowing next to nothing about tractors however have you tried the following:

Take off the hitch rods.Turn the key on.Don't start engine.Disconnect and reconnect connector to either the lift lever or one of the lift potentiometers. Ether code 25 or 27 should be displayed on the rhs screen.Turn the key off and on again and 24 should show and the lift disable symbol should flash. Turn all the knobs on the control panel fully clockwise and the fast lift/lower switch to lower position. Start the engine and rev to 1100 rpm. Move the lift lever back and forward through it's range until the lift disabled light on the panel goes off. Lift the lever fully back where you should see 99 on the screen and you should hear the relief valve blowing off for a second(or the engine straining slightly). Move the lever fully forward past the detent.The lift disabled should be displayed.Move lever back til the lift disabled symbol goes away again.Move lever forward against the detent,Arms should be fully down and 0 displayed. Move lever slowly backwards til 70-90 is displayed.Leave it there until 3 auto calibrations are carried out.(Arms go up and down 3 times on their own).Then lift lever fully up and 99 should again show on the display.
Refit hitch rods and adjust to suit........

I found this on a forum I sometimes look at.

Hope it helps!

Phillip