Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

My management light and handbreak light won't go off on my

Customer Question

My management light and handbreak light won't go off on my Ford transit diesel 2.4ltr van 04reg, but the van runs and drives o.k. why.? Any ideas
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Will that affect the handbreak light
JA: What year is your Transit?
Customer: 04 2.4ltr diesel engine
JA: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I changed the diesel filter and it wouldn't start but a mechanic told me to use easy start and it will self bleed the diesel engine and then the engine should run ok. And it did the job . But now these lights have come on .
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 10 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** should never use easy start on a modern common rail diesel engine has it got any drivability issues now.

Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 6 days ago.

If you have used to much easy start you could of done damage for example cracked a piston ring and at the worst bent a con rod if you need me just get back to me regards Gavin.