Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I enter the radio code, press the number 5 and it gives a 30

I enter the radio code, press the number 5 and it gives a 30 minute countdown then asks for the code again. I've tried holding button 5 down for a few seconds but it makes no difference. I have a ford ghia 51 plate. Also, the inner fan on the dashboard has completely stopped working.
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Yes it had to be jump started. There is 4 digit code on the back of the number panel, is that the right code to use
JA: What is the model of your '51 Ford?
Customer: It's a ford ghia
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am yes and I tried using the code on the back of the number panel and that's all, I've not done anything with the fan yet
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have very little knowledge on cars so need it in easy terms please

Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonight

ok what Is code are you the inputting

what is the serial number of the unit do I can clarify if it’s the right radio code you have

does the fan work in any speed at all

has this fan issue only occurred after jump starting

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Hiya, no problem at all. I am putting in the 4 digit code that is on the back of the number panel, where do I find the serial number please? It's my first ever car so it's all a bit new to me. The fan was working when I got the car, it's been jump started a couple times as the battery ran dead as I hadnt driven it anywhere. But it worked after the first jumpstart but not the second and it wont work on any of the 4 settings. Thank you for taking time to help me.

Lexie

Hi there no worries

ok the serial number is ***** the side of the unit done early models had a self read function where bu you press and hold buttons 2&6 for 5-10 seconds on the radio and serial number would appear it looks like this example Ie : M047793

what 4 digit code are you entering so we can make sure it’s the correct code

do you have your registration number and I will check the blower motor fuse incase this has blown

if the fuse is ok then it’s most commonly the blower motor itself (you can check the wiring at the blower motor using a multimeter )

kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Hiya,

I will have to check for the serial number in the morning. But the code I entered was 1343.

Registration is FJ51 EHB

Thank you again,

Lexie

Hi Lexie

no worries we can continue tommorow

I will need the vin number /chassis number

as your registration number doesn’t come up

kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Hiya,

Apologies for the delay, the vin/chassis number is ***** WF0AXXGCDA1B80869

I haven't been able to remove the radio yet to get the serial number.

Many thanks,

Lexie

Hi Lexie good morning to you

did you try the self read function test I gave you ( buttons 2&6)

in regards ***** ***** blower motor issue can You check fuse 64 in the engine bay fuse box (green 30amp fuse )

This supply’s 12 volts to the motor and the heater resistor supply’s the variable earth

kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Hiya, hope you are well.

Pressing 2 and 6 didnt make anything happen or appear on the display. I will have to get some radio release keys to be able to get the serial number. Also, the fuse you mentioned appears to be fine so I am guessing its possibly the Blower motor itself? I will pick up a multimeter to check the wiring. Is it fairly straightforward?

Thank you for your help.

Lexie

Hi Lexie the blower motor is located in the passengers footwell

just remove the cover and you will see a 2 pin multiplug connected to it with thicker wires

if you put ignition on and put it to speed 4 you should have 12 volts across this plug

you can also use a test light or a bulb/noid light Instead of a multimeter

if bulb lights up the power and earth are ok = motor is faulty

If you need any further help or technical assistance going forward

please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you are satisfied with my answer /advice thus far

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER POSITIVE as this is how iam

Accredited for my advice and time and also to build my online profile

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day stay safe

Any POSITIVE FEEDBACK/bonuses are kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I've just had a good root around and found everything you said. I will get on and check that out. Thank you so much. I also saw a video on how to find the serial number without popping out the radio, I just dropped the panel off underneath the steering wheel and managed to get at the radio. The serial number is *****

If your okay to check for the radio code for me I would be so grateful. I am honestly so grateful for your help in guiding me through this! I will definitely be leaving positive feedback. Your a life saver!

Hi Lexie no worries

ok the correct code for that serial number is ***** 0838

let me know if this is successful

If you need any further help or technical assistance going forward Lexie

Any POSITIVE FEEDBACK/BONUSES are kindly appreciated

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Hiya,

You are a star, thank you so much. You would not believe the sense of joy I got putting that code in and it working!

I will check out the fan wires etc and if I have any issues I will come back to you.

You've been fantastic! Thank you so much and I hope you have a lovely day.

Lexie

Hi Lexie no worries And thank you

just let me know if your needing further assistance and I will do my upmost to assist you going forward

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Brian