Robert
Robert, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have just bought a used Ford Galaxy Reg Number K155 ETS I

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have just bought a used Ford Galaxy Reg Number K155 ETS I have no idea if it has a Timing belt or a chain
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: i have just bought it last Thursday and it’s done 118000
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2016 Ford Galaxy 2.0 TDCI TITANIUM POWERSHIFT
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven’t done anything but was looking for a quote for cam belt but few of them said it has cam belt.. others said chain so am confused
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: One more thing. The car is supposed to auto lock when it drives but it doesnt
Category: Ford
Expert:  Robert replied 24 days ago.

Hi..there..Im Rob, A fully certified vehicle technician in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Its a timing belt engine ( T7CL engine code) - if you look at the left handside of the engine towards the rear..you'll see a black plastic cover..that timing belt cover...

Yes the "autolock" feature does actually lock once the vehicle goes past a certain speed usually aorund 5mph and then the doors lock..safety feature.. any other questions?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thank you for the clarification regarding the timing belt. What is the belt change interval?Also the auto lock does not lock. I tried the videos on YouTube, but it doesn’t work.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Robert replied 24 days ago.

Autolocking functionality is available if it has been activated, but can only be done via Central Car Configuration via high end scan tool in order for it to function...

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Oh any idea, where I can get that done and how much of a cost is it?
Expert:  Robert replied 24 days ago.

Ford themselves wont do it i know that.. unless you know a garage that has FORScan software then they maybe able too.. cost would be very hard to predict on doing something like that,so couldnt say..you would need to phone around and see if anyone has the above capabilites or equipment/software to do it...

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Robert replied 24 days ago.

Your Welcome