MichaelUK
MichaelUK, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technician
109796520

Ford fiesta st 2014 new battery and still not starting all

Customer Question

Ford fiesta st 2014 new battery and still not starting all light turn on and saying press couch to start but I am?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Clutch
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta ST yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just replace the battery
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 20 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

So the car does not recognize that you have kicked the clutch.

On the clutch pedal at the top of the suspension point there is a switch / sensor which detects if the clutch pedal is pressed. Check if this switch is correctly positioned. If so, it should be replaced, because it is very likely to be defective.

If this switch does not detect that the clutch pedal is depressed, the starter of the car is not activated to prevent unintentional rolling away. But this also means that if the switch has failed, the car will not start anymore.