Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ny ord Fiesta Edge 3 door1.25 petrol has had electrical

Ny ord Fiesta Edge 3 door1.25 petrol has had electrical problems for some time now. It has been tested and nothing shows up. The clock and dashboard are unstable. what can be wrong?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Starts same as usual. Don't use it much anyway so no petrol problems. When I turn it off it flashes as unstable and I usually turn it on it again to then turn off when it is stable.
JA: What year is your Fiesta?
Customer: During a long journey, it had warning images of car steering.
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Plugs have been cleaned.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No don't think so. Thank you
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you TodayOk What is the exact concern with the vehicle
As you mention unstable ?What is the registration number of your vehicle so I can check exact setupIs the warning lights the ESP light
A car with 2 squiggly lines under itKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
FG11 CLV At the time of the incident the ESP light was on and the car with squiggly lines under it. 3 Diagnostic tests signed no problem. The dashboard has a flicker when car engine is turned off + I need to stabilize it, so that next time I switch car on it will start.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Brian, just waiting for a response. Thank you
Hi thanks
Ok when the esp light came on rod the vehicle lose /drop powerWhen you say the dash board has a flicker is it the ful cluster or the red light
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I slowed down anyway, till the warning signs had gone. Dashboard lights flicker sometimes when I turn car engine off. So I turn car on again and make sure I turn ignition key slowly in a double take and there is no flickering.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Engine may have dropped power, don't know as I wasn't driving it.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Dash board has full cluster of flickering lights
Hi thanks
Ok your vehicle has a instrument cluster and pcm (Powertrain Control Module software update avaiable so this must be carried out firstly using fords ids software
As this could be the root cause of both these issues
There should be faukt codes logged in the pcm and abs module if the esp warning lights have came onKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Fantastic, Brian. Will get the PCM update asap. Thank you.