sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

There is a fault code coming up saying steering lock

Customer Question

There is a fault code coming up saying steering lock malfunction service now the car will not start and the steering lock will not come off
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: checked battery and tried another battery no change
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2016 1.0 ecoboost
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes tried a battery change removed the bcu plugs for a reset still no change
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi any suggestions
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No don’t want a call me just some advice on the fault
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello is anyone there

Dear customer could you please share with me the exact code and also could you tell me the diagnostic equipment you used?

Dear customer, the steering lock systems can be a bit annoying because they work in conjunction with the immobilizer system and can activate protection or security systems that interfere with ignition

The problem is that fixing them is not as easy as to perform a repair without a diagnostic equipment, it is very necessary to perform the diagnosis to check the error code and see exactly what is causing the fault.
In any case, this failures are complicated, they are always wear problems at the level of the cylinders or problems at the level of the steering column, possibly a problem at the level of the electronic steering system, but to know exactly which of many factors it may be we need the error codes unfortunately.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.