Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Message for @ Gallagher99 please.. You may well remember the

Message for Brian @Customerplease.
Hi Brian. You may well remember the HSA problems with my 2019 Fiesta diesel during last year. Anyway at your suggestion the dealer finally upgraded the ABS and, indeed, it has fixed the problem, although I haven't been able to use it much due to lockdown. So that is great and many thanks.Anyway we were just getting into the 'hesitation when pulling away' issue when lockdown intervened. You quite understandably suggested that the car should be tested with the test box connected to see if any faults showed up. The dealer did do this on 22nd September 2020 but could not find any fault. So I asked them if they would give me a copy of the printout, which indeed they have done. It is entitled 'Diagnostic Session Details' and consists of 19 pages full of codes, numbers and letters!As it seems that we are coming to the end of lockdown I would like to see if we can take this issue up again. I know that the dealer is in operation so I could take it back to them if you have any suggestions. Would a copy of their diagnostics help you, and if so how could I get this to you?Car details: Fiesta 1.5L TDCI 125ps Titanium X, Manual.
Chassis No. WFOJXXGAHJKC79308. Reg. No. J77 RRY. Reg. Date 01/03/2019.Kind Regards ***** *****

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
That's fine, but Brian was brilliant and he has all the history of the issues I had. Incidentally I can't open on the contact you sent me. It says 'not secure'. I'm not good with all this latest technology!! Regards Jerry
Hi there Jerry , good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response I hope you are wellIam sorry to hear your still having technical issues with your vehicles hopefully I can assist you in resolving this issueOk again looking into this for you I would advise that the PCM (Powertrain Control Module)is updated to the latest software levelThis is an imperative part of the preliminary diagnostic in regards ***** ***** type drivability issuesKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Brian. Good to know that you're still there! Thanks for the response. I shall get on it straight away and report back. Regards Jerry
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Brian. I have emailed tbe dealer with a view of doing what you suggested. No response so far, but I will gve them a week to respond before contacting them again. I know that the are fed up with me but still consider that something is wrong. The car is 2 years old now and I reported this problem when it was new. It is no different now. My finance company sent their own engineer to test the car and indeed he noticed it straight away. In his report he stated that there was a hesitation pulling away and that it would be difficult for learner drivers (I am a driving instructor) so he said that the car was not fit for purpose. Later in his report he said that it was not a fault but a characteristic. So he contradicts himself! Consequently I know that the dealer is reluctant to go any further. But I still maintain that this is a fault. You and I could drive it OK but you have to ride the clutch for longer than usual to prevent it from stalling. I'm as fed up as the dealer. Anyway I 'll wait a bit longer for them to reply. Thanks for your continued interest and will keep you posted. Regards Jerry

Hi Jerry good morning to you and sorry for the delay in responding

no worries I look forward to your reply regarding this issue and hopefully the PCM software plate resolved the concern

kindest regards ***** *****

Brian