sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I've got a 2014 ford ka 1.2 petrol and the stop start isn't

Customer Question

Hi I've got a 2014 ford ka 1.2 petrol and the stop start isn't working,I've replaced the battery with the recommended one and changed outside temperature sensor that was playing up. Still after a few miles a message appears stating stop start function unavailable the A light and triangle are illuminated Amber but the eml doesn't come on. Thanks
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: No I bought it with the problem and realised the wrong type of battery was in the car.
JA: What is the model of your '14 Ford?
Customer: KA
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes fixing it myself I've replaced the battery and outside temperature sensor. No eml light coming on but I plugged it in and got 2 codes b1047 and u1739
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay and would like to know whom i am having the pleasure to chat with.

Dear customer for the code u do not worry, it is simply a problem with the communication of a module this is surely because the software version has problems to connect correctly with your ford.

Star stop systems are quite delicate systems, any alteration in the working parameters or a generation of a error code can cause the system to be disabled.
You are presenting the code b1047 is speaks of a problem in the signal of the airbag modules , The problem is that it is not a specific error code, probably because the diagnostic equipment you are using is very simple and does not have adequate software, which is why it is holding the error code u1739.

As long as you have the generation of an error code on in the computer, the start-stop system will not be able to work as a precaution, that is why I would recommend that you make a good diagnosis, not necessarily in a dealership, but that you use a diagnostic equipment with Ford software and if you have used one when you had these error codes, you tried to use another that has another, more up-to-date version, or enter your vehicle data through the vin code because sometimes when we try to enter the Ford KA 2014 we may have variations of the versions, this can happen.
I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.