sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have just replaced the battery in the key for my 68 plate

Customer Question

Hi, I have just replaced the battery in the key for my 68 plate Kuga and now the doors will not lock or unlock using the key. I can lock/unlock the door using the emergency key and start the car. My spare key still works fine. Can you advise? John.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes.
JA: What is the model of your '68 Ford?
Customer: It's a Kuga 2018 model.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I hope that I can fix the issue myself. I have read the owner's manual and tried the emergency lock/unlock and starting procedure successfully. There's nothing in the owner's manual that covers the issue.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I can't think of anything else.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay and would like to know whom i am having the pleasure to chat with.

Dear customer, it is normal that sometimes when the battery of a key gets discharged, the keyfob loses the configuration with one of the vehicle's recognition systems, in this case it loses the configuration with the central locking system, that is why it is not working properly correct.

Solving this is not complicated but unfortunately you will need a special equipment that programs this type of keys and controls, this is not complicated to achieve and in reality there are many companies that do it,Locksmith companies they are the same companies that open vehicles, program controls, duplicate keys, etc. They even go to the vehicle and perform the respective procedure.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Sebastian, thank you for contacting me. I have solved the mystery. The new battery that I fitted to the key was faulty. All OK now. Regards, John.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Dear ***** I'm glad that you sorted out your problem remember if you have any doubt or want to know anything don't hesitate to reply back.