Kevin
Kevin, Ford Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

I have an engine oil leak from the top. have to top it every

Customer Question

I have an engine oil leak from the top. have to top it every 2 weeks. The oil drips down
JA: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?
Customer: Not Sure got this vehicle a year ago on 58 plate, 128000 had major service done 10 months ago
JA: What is the model of your '58 Ford?
Customer: hg58mhv ford s max petrol 2.3l duratech
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing need some one to look at not sure about the costs
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Everything else seems to be working okay so far apart from this issue. It could be head gaskit replacement or rocker cover needs change. Plus I need air con service and brake pads and discs change all round
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Naseer
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

Hi, Naseer I hope you are well. Have you yet tried to trace the leak?

Expert:  Kevin replied 14 days ago.

ok so the cause of the leak needs to be investigated .from your description of it being high up on the engine the cam cover gasket is the most likely culprit and a replacement gasket is often all that's needed to rectify the issue. Please let me know if you have any further questions and thanks for choosing justanswer