sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

P1102 maf airflow sensor in range but less than expected.

Customer Question

P1102 maf airflow sensor in range but less than expected. P1102:21-A7
JA: Does the engine stall right after starting? And what about hesitation or jerking during acceleration?
Customer: It's starts and runs fine but when acceleration at 3500rpms it throws the code p1102. Changed genuine ford maf and map sensors but not fixed
JA: What is the model of your '21 Ford?
Customer: 2016 ford galaxy 2l diesel
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed both maf and map sensors, cleaned egr valve and throttle body. The code comes in 2 different for the same problem if the bonnet closed p1102 if the bonnet open then p2279
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
First time car stopped with following codes.
P0299 turbo underboost
P2195 o2 sensor stuck lean
P2279 intake air leak bank1.AA cleared the code then the car started to run but bit rough and around 3500rpm cuts the car down and throws p1102 or p2279. These 2 codes are still thrown at 3000rpm
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Mechanic said he done smoke and pressure test 20psi for 10mins and it didn't drop at all. Egr looked functioning properly
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 22 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Have you done any leak test on the air admission system?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.

Dear customer, if you are checking for vacuum leakage, you replaced the sensors, you verified that there is no play in the manifold, the turbo is ok and the egr valve is ok, there must be a problem at the throttle body, it could also be a wiring problem but how weird it occurs only after going over 3500rpm then it could be a wiring or ecu problem.
Could you tell me please how this happened?

Dear customer, as a general answer, I can tell you that it is likely that the problem is at the level of the electrical wiring that is not emitting  signals correctly or the ecu is not giving power correctly.
It may be not perceiving the signal or it is not coding it.
This would happen over time.