Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

I want radio to stay on for 1 hour while I sit and wait in

Customer Question

I want radio to stay on for 1 hour while I sit and wait in the car. New Fiesta 21 plate?
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: Came with car.
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I haven't tried anything. I had it on my old Fiesta.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No not really.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today it was a good feature on the older Fords that you could listen to the radio without the ignition on but with newer Fords the radio is used as a module and is linked in with other modules on the vehicle so shuts down with the other modules when the ignition gets switched off.

I have covered most of the reason Ford that feature if you do need more information just get back to me regards Gavin.