sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Ford Fusion 2006. Can I change from auto to manual while

Customer Question

Ford Fusion 2006. Can I change from auto to manual while driving, just by changing gear up or down, or do I need to move gearstick sideways to re-set mode? (Sometimes sticks in automatic first gear, but no faults can be found)
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: What is the break switch? Sure that would have been checked by gearbox specialist, though if it can cause gear to stick
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to see if I can manage the intermittent fault, so would help to have answer about changing from auto to manual while driving, please.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No other problems, has been checked thoroughly, but just sticks in first occasionally
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Please could you tell me if I can change from auto to manual while driving, and if so, do I just change gear or reset by moving gear lever sideways to put it in manual mode?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ok please refund £16 then!

Dear customer, while driving you just have to move the gear lever from automatic mode to manual, of course it has to be done at a constant speed.