sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a mk 6 Ford transit 2.0 litre, 52 plate, had a

Customer Question

Hi there I have a mk 6 Ford transit 2.0 litre
JA: What year is your Transit?
Customer: 52 plate
JA: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: had a mechanic out to it total fuel loss
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: starts fine
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: he has changed the fuel pump, timing chain still got severe engine knock
Category: Ford
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
It’s diesel knock first pump worked for 200 miles then I was driving along and in a split second sounded like a bag of Spanna’s got it home on a truck got mechanic out again checked the timing,it was fine put another pump on and still the same diesel knock

Dear costumer it is rare because it gotta be a high pressure issue on the rail enough to cause damage or they can be blocked causing an excessive pressure betwen inyector and high pump?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
What else could it be

Dear costumer it can also be a low pump issue but it is estrictly related to the pressure regulation between high and low pumps. they can even have a sychronization issue, despite you have told me that the distribution is not right there is some kind of game that causes an effort that ends breaking the pump