Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

Morning, having problems with my clutch on a 2014 ranger,

Customer Question

Morning, having problems with my clutch on a 2014 ranger, clutch hits the floor and resets the following day. Problem is it hasn’t reset after 2 days! Just been looking online and was was suggested to release the brake fluid cap for air and the clutch has returned this has been an on going problem. Had it serviced 1000k ago and new fluid, was wondering if anybody had any thoughts?
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: yes to both
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: sent into ford for service and fluid
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: think that’s all
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 20 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** i have the REG number i would like to see if it uses a concentric slave cylinder.

I would like more information with the information i have it does seem it does use a concentric slave cylinder (see image) this would relate to the clutch pedal and the symptoms you are having and i advice to have this checked if you need me just get back to me regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi Gavin, KM64FXD

Thanks just give me a few minutes.

on a year change it shows both option as a possibility external or internal slave cylinder see images