MichaelUK
MichaelUK, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technician
109796520

When in car the display says car key not detected when the

When in car the display says car key not detected when the key is inside
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: kuga 1.8tdi titanium 2016
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: havent tried anything yet - was fine yesterday, typically we’ve gone away this morning and it just started playing up
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i think it’s probably about a year since the battery was changed but it tells you when it needs replacing doesn’t it .

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you I am a master mechanic with over 10 years experience with various car brands.

It is not always necessary to display something before the key battery is empty. Therefore, it should be replaced, and only if this does not help should the key be checked by a Ford workshop to see if there is a defect on the circuit board of the key.

To start the car, there is a procedure that allows you to bypass the radio key.

If the car has a cover in the area of the steering column (where the ignition lock is normally located), remove it (it is only inserted). Underneath you will see a slot into which the key fits as a whole. Put the key in there and it will be recognised when you press the power button.

If this slot is no longer present, the read-out device is usually integrated in the power switch, press the switch with the key.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service.  If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I am happy to help further!